The COVID-19 temporary tenancy regulations (laws) were due to expire 31 December 2020, however, the laws were amended to now expire April 30, 2021.
What will continue until 30 April 2021
- provisions allowing tenants experiencing domestic and family violence to end their tenancies quickly
- protections for tenants against being listed in a tenancy database for rent arrears caused by COVID-19 impacts
- limits on reletting costs for eligible tenants who end their fixed-term tenancies early
- short term tenancy statement extensions for moveable dwellings
- entry restrictions and requirements to support COVID-19 social distancing measures
- relaxed repair and maintenance obligations.
Visit the RTA website for more information.