The Queensland Government has extended temporary regulatory measures to 30 September 2021.
Protections that continue to apply until 30 September 2021 include:
- provisions allowing tenants experiencing domestic and family violence to end their tenancies quickly
- protections for tenants against being listed in a tenancy database for rent arrears caused by COVID-19 impacts
- limits on re-letting costs for eligible tenants who end their fixed-term tenancies early
- short term tenancy statement extensions for moveable dwellings.
No longer in place from 30 April 2021:
- Entry restrictions and requirements to support COVID-19 social distancing measures
- Relaxed repair and maintenance obligations
From 29 September 2020:
- The 6-month eviction moratorium for COVID-19 rent arrears
- Fixed-term agreement extensions for COVID-19 impacted tenants
- Ending agreement provisions that prevent property owners ending tenancies with COVID-19 impacted tenants without grounds and provide additional grounds for parties to end tenancies (owner-occupation and sale of premises which require vacant possession)
- Adjusted rent and bond processes that support parties to negotiate arrangements to manage COVID-19 impacts on their tenancies
- Mandatory conciliation of COVID-19 related tenancy disputes through the Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA)
Queensland Government post all updates on The Residential Rental Hub