About the position:
We’re big on relationships. We’ve been in business since 1977 and we’ve managed some clients property portfolios almost since the day the doors first opened.
It’s led to a “long-term” outlook in everything we do.
Our property managers take on the responsibility of strengthening our long-term client relationships. This is done by taking on an advisory role to ensure clients obligations under tenancy law are fulfilled.
The successful applicant will require:
- Thorough knowledge of the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act
- Thorough knowledge of the Property Occupations Act relevant to property management
- Adequate knowledge of the Agents Financial Administration Act relevant to property management
- Ability to communicate, present, negotiate and influence credibly and effectively
- Excellent listening and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Office Of Fair Trading Certificate of Registration
- A drivers licence and reliable motor vehicle
What will I do every day?
We’ve divided the work required into 2 groups. Strategic work focuses closely on your adviser-client relationship. Tactical work lists the procedural requirements necessary to ensure client and customer satisfaction.
- Oversee operations to ensure clients (lessors) are fulfilling their tenancy law obligations
- Operating as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your key account owners
- Building a strong, long-lasting alliance by developing a trusted adviser relationship
- Ensuring issues that arise are resolved completely to clients and customers satisfaction
- Maintaining a proactive approach to clear, accurate communication with owners and tenant
- Monitoring payment of rent on a daily basis
- Monitoring breaches of tenancy agreements on a daily basis
- Coordinating and liaising with clients and tenants regarding the exit process and bond disbursements
- Arranging maintenance and repairs to properties
- Providing market-leading leasing advice to clients
- Facilitating negotiation and mediation processes to reduce court proceedings
- Client representation in court proceedings
- A base salary
- Vehicle allowance
- A generous bonus scheme for contributing to business growth
If you get a kick out of helping people by demonstrating expertise in your role, this is a rewarding position.
There are intrinsic values that generally help people excel in this role.
- Plan your time well
- Deliver client service excellence with consistency, reliability, accuracy & empathy
- Adopt a learning mindset
- Work with passion and never give up
How to apply:
We would like to know a little more about your experience and your career aspirations. The questions below should take just a few minutes to complete. And if you have your CV in a compatible online format simply upload it to our system. N.B. We do not require a cover letter with your application.