Following the easing of COVID-19 restrictions, we will be recommending routine inspections from 29 June 2020. Pursuant to the ‘Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction’ and best practice directions issued by the Real Estate Of Queensland (REIQ), the following protocols have been implemented by our team.
- Confirm with occupants that no one in the home is currently ill, is in self-isolation or has just returned from overseas before proceeding with an inspection. (If they answer yes to any of these questions, it is recommended that the inspection be postponed at least 14 days (in accordance with Queensland Health recommendations);
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth at all times when conducting inspections;
- Consider wearing disposable gloves before touching any objects and fixtures within the home, especially high-touch surfaces such as door handles, tap handles and window fittings;
- Wipe any touched surfaces with a disinfectant wipe;
- Politely decline to shake hands or have any other physical contact with occupants; and
- Reassure occupants that you are following best practice precautionary measures which are not in response to any confirmed coronavirus cases within the agency or immediate area.